1. Go to your client's profile.
2. Click the pencil icon in the top-right of the SDM profile.
3. If required, update the SDM fields and click "Save Changes". If you would like to remove the existing SDM profile from the client's profile, select "Remove SDM".
NOTE: If your client has a Substitute Decision Maker, you MUST upload documentation proving the Substitute Decision Maker's ability to act on behalf of the client. Please refer to this article regarding appropriate SDM documentation.
5. If you are removing an SDM profile, a confirmation dialogue box will ask you to confirm that you no longer require an SDM for the client.
6. Once an SDM profile has been removed, a new Medchart authorization form with the client's signature must be signed and uploaded to the client's profile. You may request an e-signature from the client or upload a scanned copy of the signed consent.
7. To do this, go to the consent page from the client profile, and re-send authorization to the client.
8. Click "Request e-signature" or "Upload signed consent" to proceed.
Below are our recommendations for what documents to provide for each type of Substitute Decision Maker:
- Parent or Guardian for a Minor: Long form birth certificate, Power of Attorney (for personal care), or Litigation Guardian
- Guardian of an Incapacitated Adult: Power of Attorney
- Executor of Estate: Executor of Estate, Last Will and Testament, or Death Certificate and documentation proving familial or legal relationship to deceased
If for whatever reason, you do not have the recommended documentation for the Substitute Decision Maker, you may upload anything else that you feel will suffice for your requests. Depending on the Healthcare provider, some may or not approve.
Congratulations! You have just finished updating your client's substitute decision maker's information. If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.