1. Go to your client's profile.
2. Click the pencil icon for the SDM Information section.
3. Edit the fields as needed.
NOTE: If your client has a Substitute Decision Maker, you MUST upload documentation proving the Substitute Decision Maker's ability to act on behalf of the client.
Below are our recommendations for what documents to provide for each type of Substitute Decision Maker.
- Parent or Guardian for a Minor: Long form birth certificate, Power of Attorney (for personal care), or Litigation Guardian
- Guardian of an Incapacitated Adult: Power of Attorney
- Executor of Estate: Executor of Estate, Last Will and Testament, or Death Certificate and documentation proving familial or legal relationship to deceased
If, for whatever reason, you do not have the recommended documentation for the Substitute Decision Maker, you may upload anything else that you feel will suffice for your requests.
4. Click Save changes when you are done editing.
5. Upload Supporting Documents (photo IDs), if applicable.
Congratulations! You have just finished updating your client's substitute decision maker's information.
If you have questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.