1. Click "Clients" in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. Search for your Client in the Clients list and click on their name.
Tip: You can also go directly to your Client's page by typing their name in the search bar at the top of the screen.
3. Once you are on the client's page select the New Request button.
4. Use the search bar to find the provider.
5. Click on the name of the provider you were looking for.
6. Once you have selected the Provider you will be asked to review their details to ensure that the selected provider is the one you'd like to request records from. Once satisfied, click Select. If any information is incorrect, you can also click "click here to update" to change the Provider details.
7. Select your Date Range and click Next.
Please note that the start date is automatically left open. If you do not change this date, you will be requesting records for the full lifetime of the client's file with that provider.
8. Scroll down and fill out Policy Number.* Then, check off the Insurance products you wish to order and click Next.
*You can also specify the Provider/Type if you wish.
9. Enter notes to the provider, such as record types not included in the previous lists, specific treatment dates, etc.
10. Optional: Urgent Service Add-On- if you require records urgently, click the Add-On Urgent Service checkbox.
Please be aware that marking a request as urgent authorizes up to $300 to be paid towards a provider's rush service fees and the requested file. If the provider's final invoice is less than $300, your firm will be refunded the difference.
Additionally, requests marked as urgent will incur an additional $20 Medchart fee.
11. You can either Sign & Submit your request or Add to Action Items.
If you choose to Sign & Submit, you will be asked to immediately provide your signature as a witness and then the request will be submitted to our team to process.
If you choose to Add to Pending Requests, your request will be queued for you to continue working on later. Please read How to Submit a Request in Action Items.
Note: If you do not have the appropriate authorizations on file for your client, your request cannot be submitted. It will go to your Action Items until the appropriate documentation is on file for your client. You can submit the request from Action Items when you are ready.
Good job! You have completed the steps necessary to create a request.